SEARHC now offers the evidence-based, best practice for the treatment of opioid use disorders. The SEARHC Opioid Treatment Programs are federally certified by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Drug Enforcement Administration, State of Alaska Board of Pharmacy and Department of Health and Social Services Division of the Behavioral Health State Opioid Treatment Authority.
We recognize that opioid use disorder is different for every person. Research has shown that a combination of medication and behavior therapy is the most effective recovery approach. The type of medication is different for every person depending on their situation. The two medications we utilize for opioid use disorder include Buprenorphine and Methadone; the purpose of these is to suppress or reduce cravings for opioids and minimize discomfort and symptoms associated with withdrawal.
- Buprenorphine is a dissolving tablet or sublingual film that is placed under the tongue.
- Methadone is provided daily as a liquid.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have the ability to attend services daily
- Participate in counseling and case management services
- Must meet the criteria for Moderate or Severe Opioid Use Disorder
Schedule an Appointment
Call our Juneau or Sitka clinic to schedule an appointment:
SEARHC Front Street Clinic – Juneau
225 Front Street, Suite 104, Juneau, AK 99801
Phone: 907.463.0600 | Fax: 907.364.4469
SEARHC Opioid Treatment Clinic – Sitka
700 Katlian Street, Suite F, Sitka, AK 99835
Phone: 907.966.9797 | Fax: 907.966.9796