Our team at the SEARHC Mt. Edgecumbe Medical Center is committed to understanding and respecting your preferences and your personalized birth plan. We have 24/7 on-call coverage for anesthesia and cesarean delivery (C-section), as well as a full-time, board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist, who may be consulted for high-risk patients or operative deliveries when needed. Board-certified physicians are available for emergency care. The team of highly trained and experienced staff will do everything possible to make your child and family feel safe and comfortable through the labor and delivery process.
Childbirth is a special, significant time in a woman’s life. At SEARHC, we are dedicated to providing a positive and safe experience. We have a small, dedicated team of nurses and physicians skilled in labor and delivery who work with each patient to provide compassionate, high-quality care for mom and her baby. We are an accredited U.S. Baby-Friendly Hospital and provide one-on-one support around the clock.
- Personalized care with an assigned nurse that remains with you throughout the labor process
- Comfortable and quiet rooms that feel like home
- Fetal heart monitoring with Novii™ Wireless Patch System units to allow patients to be up and mobile
- Pain management options
- Whirlpool tubs in every room
- TENS units
- Nitrous Oxide
- Nurses trained in breastfeeding support
- C-section rates below the national average
- Skin-to-skin time between mom and baby unless any health concerns arise with mom or baby
- Daily personalized menu choices during your hospital stay
- Postpartum follow up visits two weeks after birth