IMPORTANT UPDATE: SEARHC is committed to providing high-quality healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. To reduce patient exposure to COVID-19 and to adhere to State health mandates, many visits will now be conducted virtually, by phone or video. Contact your local clinic or provider to see how this effects your appointment.
SEARHC Telehealth Services
Telehealth is an exciting new frontier and is making professional healthcare available at your fingertips. The SEARHC Telehealth program provides the same confidential, caring service in your home that you receive at our clinics. Now, you can get the care you need, when you need it, by phone or video.
This convenient, on-demand system is easy to set up. Simply call your local clinic to make an appointment, they will help you to download a secure app called VidyoMobile prior to your virtual appointment. At appointment time, follow up instructions will be sent via email to help you connect to video with a link to your virtual “waiting room.”
Virtual visits and telephone consultations may be covered by your insurance plan, please contact your insurance provider for more information.
If you don’t have health insurance, SEARHC’s Patient Health Benefits team is available to answer patient coverage questions. For assistance, please reach out to Susan Briles at email@example.com or call 907.966.8662.
SEARHC Helpline: 877.294.0074
The SEARHC Helpline, 1.877.294.0074, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to residents of Southeast Alaska. The crisis call center is staffed with a team of master’s degree level mental health therapists who will listen and provide effective, compassionate, and confidential care.
SEARHC offers a wide range of behavioral health services and has psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and behavioral health therapists on staff. Available behavioral health services vary by site and program. Please contact your local clinic or provider for more information about which of these services they offer.
Local Community Family Services
The SEARHC Community Family Service Program provides individualized prevention, substance abuse and/or behavioral health counseling services in communities throughout Southeast Alaska.
- Angoon 907.788.4632
- Craig 907.755.4986
- Haines 907.766.6381
- Hoonah 907.945.3517
- Hydaburg 907.285.3465
- Kake 907.785.6515
- Klawock 907.755.4935
- Petersburg 907.772.4963
- Wrangell 907.874.2373
Behavioral Health for Youth
Raven’s Way and Alaska Crossings use a collaborative working relationship with a robust referral process to provide specialized services through an innovative continuum of care. These services are available to all Alaskan youth.
- Raven’s Way (Yéil Jeeyáx), a residential matrix model program with a wilderness expedition component to help young people with substance abuse and behavioral issues was developed by SEARHC. The innovative approach to meeting the needs of young people has won Raven’s Way national recognition as a successful model for treatment in which hundreds of adolescents between the ages of 13 to 18 with substance-abuse problems have participated.
- Alaska Crossings, a therapeutic behavioral health skills development program serves youth ages 12 to 18. The therapeutic expedition-based program supports youth through individualized treatment plans aimed at increasing their social functionality by building and mastering real-world life skills.
Behavioral Health Outpatient Services
- Outpatient behavioral health services are available to Alaska residents ages 4 and above in Juneau: 907.364.4445
- Outpatient behavioral health services are available to Alaska residents ages 4 and above. Behavioral Health Clinic (Haa Toowóo Náakw Hít) in Sitka: 907.966.8611
- Intensive Outpatient Therapy (IOT) in Sitka: 907.966.8611
This program is for adults in Sitka dealing with substance abuse. It provides intense, daily nonresidential substance abuse treatment while allowing patients to continue with necessary activities such as work, school, and family responsibilities.