Sitka Long-Term Care
For those who need more care than can be delivered at home, Sitka Long-Term Care offers professional, skilled nursing services in a protected, homelike environment.
Sitka Long-Term Care has been recognized as a 2019 recipient of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award by the American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living. The Commitment to Quality Award acknowledges Sitka Long-Term Care’s continuous journey toward care excellence and its commitment to improving the lives of residents. The distinction is the first of three progressive award levels through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program. The program, presented by the leading association in long-term and post-acute care, honors association members across the country that have demonstrated their dedication to improving quality of care for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Sitka Long-Term Care provides the following services:
- 24-hour nursing care by competent and caring RNs, LPNs, and CNAs.
- Private rooms
- Individual and group activity programs
- Registered dietitian
- Rehabilitation department (Physical Therapy, Occupation Therapy, and Speech Therapy)
- Social services
- Medically supervised healthcare
- A professional team of caregivers who consult and participate in each resident’s comprehensive care plan
- Individualized food services
- Cable and Internet services
- Easy access to other medical services
Social and Cultural Activities
Each resident has a comprehensive activities program designed to enhance mental, emotional and physical well-being. We offer a variety of recreational services daily by our activity program department. On any given day, we may offer:
- Birthday/anniversary parties
- Current events discussion group
- Hobbies and crafts
- Reading groups
- Visits to local shopping centers
- Visits to senior centers
- Resident council meetings
We also have an outdoor garden area so our residents can enjoy the outdoors with family and friends.
Our long-term care facility is a real home, a place where visits by families and especially children are encouraged, and where friendships develop among staff and residents. Our caregiving team is the heart and strength of our facility and truly care about our residents in a warm and loving manner. Every effort is made to help each resident reach their highest level of function and independence.
Residents can also enjoy:
- Activity room with large screen TV, stereo, piano, Internet access, arts, crafts, and recreation
- Salon services
- Complimentary in-house laundry and mending services
- Dining room for meals and cooking projects
Long Term Care Administrator: Kay C. Turner, PT, DPT, LNHA
Long Term Care Manager/Director of Nursing: Lorraine Daly, RN, BC, RAC-CT