Nurse Advice Line
Callers with life-threatening symptoms should call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room immediately.
Do you have a health issue, concern, or question outside of normal clinic hours?
If you are having a health issue you do not know how to handle outside of normal clinic hours, simply call your SEARHC clinic or dial the toll-free number 1.800.613.0560.
Your calls will be answered by nonlocal medical service representatives and registered triage nurses who will:
- Provide a timely response to your questions
- Determine whether your health issue requires a call to your provider and if so, will contact your SEARHC provider
- Give you tips to care for the problem yourself if home care is appropriate
- Connect you with emergency services if necessary
- Answer general health questions
- Forward a message to your local clinic after hours
SEARHC’s free After-Hours Nurse Advice Line is not a substitute for medical attention. The registered nurses cannot provide diagnoses or treatment but can provide advice for something as simple as what over-the-counter remedy is appropriate for a cold symptom, to something as complex as explaining a new medication.
It is important to note, if you have an emergency medical condition, please call 911 or your local emergency medical services number.
SEARHC Customer Support
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about the SEARHC After-Hours Nurse Advice Line, please call 907.364.4558.