SOUTHEAST WELLNESS IN ACTION
Please join SEARHC Health Promotion in doing 30 minutes of daily physical activity in August!
The event begins August 1, 2017, and runs through August 27, 2017.
To register, you may download and print a registration form and activity logs below.
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. It can help
- Control your weight
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes & metabolic syndrome
- Reduce your risk of some cancers
- Strengthen your bones & muscles
- Improve your mental health & mood
- Improve your ability to do daily activities & prevent falls for older adults
- Increase your chances of living longer
- Improve sleep
You may register at our Health Educators’ local office sites.
Fill out and turn exercise log(s) to your designated site by 12:00-noon each Monday in person, by phone, or email. (To email, scan or photograph your log or type your weekly activity into the body of the email).
Participants who turn logs in on time will be automatically entered to win a weekly prize.
If you have diabetes, heart disease, chest pains, fainting or dizziness; if you are over 40 years of age and haven’t exercised regularly, or have any other pre-existing medical conditions, please check with your medical provider before beginning this activity.
Participants must be 18 or older to register, but we encourage families to be active together!
- Chopping wood
- Native dance/drumming
- Walking, power walking, walking the dog
- Team sports (volleyball, basketball, etc.)
- Planned children’s activities (tag, dodge ball, hopscotch, jump rope)
- Gym routines (machines, weights, fitness classes)
- Gardening (mowing lawn, raking, bagging grass, weeding, tilling)
- Gathering subsistence food
If you have questions, please contact the Health Educator in your community.
Kake: Georgie-Davis Gastelum, 907 785-6514, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sitka: Heleena vanVeen, 907 966-8914, email@example.com
Klukwan: Joanne Spud, 907 766-6319, firstname.lastname@example.org
Klawock: June May, 907 755-4959, email@example.com
Haines: Kate Fossman, 907 766-6303, firstname.lastname@example.org
Juneau: Kathy Lawrence, 907 364-4453, email@example.com