Stay Active, Stay Outdoors and Stay Bright this Fall with SEARHC’s new fitness challenge. SEARHC is inviting you to participate in a free outdoor fitness challenge for all residents of Southeast Alaska. Stay Active Stay Bright is a fun outdoor fitness challenge starting Monday, October 19th and ending on Monday November 16th. We challenge you to challenge yourself this fall!
Getting outside and staying physically active throughout the year are important factors to a healthy mind, body, and spirit. Use of reflective and high-visibility gear in the fall and winter months increase safety while being active outdoors. SEARHC is challenging you to get out and track your time in the fresh air while being safe and seen. On October 26th you will receive an email to submit your total minutes for October 19th-October 25th. Everyone who replies by midnight on Monday, October 26th will be eligible for prizes.
Participating is simple:
- Complete your online registration form, just click here. We will use this information to contact you for active minutes submissions.
- Download the outdoor minutes tracker here and keep a log of your progress each day. It helps to set a time goal for the month to keep you on track!
- Every Monday morning you will receive an email on how to submit your active minutes outside. Check to make sure this email is not in your junk box.
- Have any questions? Please send them to Heleena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What counts as active minutes outdoors? Anything that gets you physically activity and out in the fresh air counts!
- Chopping firewood
- Walking a dog
- Doing a walk and talk meeting at work
- Raking leaves
- Building something outdoors
- Playing tag with your kids or grandkids
Being active 30 minutes a day is good to aim for. If you can get some outdoor air while moving your body your health benefits multiply.
Participants will track active minutes outdoors to be eligible for some very bright weekly prizes including high visibility jackets from Grunden’s. Everyone who replies by midnight each week will be eligible for prizes.
Staying physically active, getting natural light, and fresh air are important things to do throughout the year. The light may be leaving but we can keep moving, safely. Challenge your friends, family, walking buddy, and coworkers to participate. Get outside, de-stress, and maybe win a prize while you’re at it! We hope you can join us.
We would love to see photos of your progress, please post on social media and use the hashtag #SEARHCstayactivestaybright.