Sitka Physical Therapy
As of September 1, 2018 Sitka Physical Therapy, LLC (Sitka PT) is a part of the SEARHC Care Network.
Sitka PT specializes in orthopedic and sports physical therapy, with a large emphasis on the athlete, return-to-play, as well as post-operative care following orthopedic surgery.
Sports Medicine is described as an area of medical practice concerned with the treatment of injuries resulting from athletic activities. A healthcare provider practicing sports medicine focuses on sports-related medical services. This may include preventative measures such as conditioning and injury prevention, as well as treatments such as osteopathic manipulation, rehabilitation, or injections.
Sitka PT training is largely geared around an orthopedic population, with credentialed providers such as Erick Speck, ATC and Alicia Haseltine, CMPT certified through NAIOMT. Each of Sitka PT’s therapists are involved in the athletic community through volunteer efforts in high school sports, the local roller derby, the Trooper Academy, and the Hames Athletic Center. This gives Sitka PT an advantage by seeing the level of function each athlete was at prior to injury and the knowledge of what is needed to return to the sport or activity safely.
Sitka PT treatment techniques include running analysis, Olympic lifting, sport-specific training and many additional treatments not found in a general outpatient clinic.
- Orthopedic and sports injury treatment
- Pre- and Post-operative care
- Neck and back pain treatment
- Custom foot orthotics
- Functional Dry Needling
- Pediatric services
- Sports rehab
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Manual treatment
- Sport specific preseason training and ACL prevention
- Concussion treatment
- BPPV/Dizziness treatment
- Local sport medical coverage
- Individually designed exercise program
- Running Analysis
- The American Physical Therapy Association provides information on the PT profession, professional resources and consumer information.
- The American College of Sports Medicine is an excellent source of information on health & fitness. ACSM promotes and integrates scientific research, education and applications of sports medicine and exercise.
- The Biomechanical Services website provides information on orthotic products, services and their warranty & pediatric programs.
- The DSI Work Solutions website is an excellent reference for industry/employers interested in our Job Function Analysis & Testing programs including research publications, cost-savings statistics and program descriptions.
- The Arthritis Foundation is a voluntary health agency covering all arthritis and related conditions.
- Gatorade Sport Science Institute website sharing knowledge on sports nutrition and exercise science.
- Balanced Body Pilates is the world leader for Pilates equipment, education and information. Sitka Physical Therapy is furnished with a Balanced Body Reformer while our therapists are educated in the discipline through Balanced Body University.
- The National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF), established in 1984, is the nation’s leading voluntary health organization solely dedicated to osteoporosis and bone health.
- The Hames Center is your local recreation center and home base for indoor cardiovascular & strength training, racquetball, court sports and an expanding list of educational & activity programs. A membership must for Sitkans of all ages.
- Alaska Chapter ACSM is your local American College of Sports Medicine Chapter whos annual meeting & symposium is typically held in Sitka.
- SPT’s facebook page posts weekly tips and tools to stay healthy and prevent injuries.