Sitka Physical Therapy
We have some news. On April 27th we moved and joined Mountainside Rehabilitation Clinic. Please note our new location.
We are under one roof, with one name: Mountainside Rehabilitation Clinic. The next time you’re in for your physical therapy visit you’ll need to go to the Lower Level at 209 Moller Ave, Sitka AK 99835. If you’re interested in setting up a virtual appointment with our physical therapy team, please call 907.747.1771.
We specialize in orthopedic and sports physical therapy, with emphasis on the athlete and return-to-play, as well as post-operative care following orthopedic surgery. Our certified physical therapists are volunteers in the athletic community. They often know the level of function for each athlete prior to injury and understand what is needed to return them to their sport or activity safely.
Sitka Physical Therapy (SPT) focuses on sports-related medical services that may include: preventative measures such as conditioning or injury prevention; and treatments such as osteopathic manipulation, rehabilitation, or injections.
- Orthopedic and sports injury treatment
- Pre- and Post-operative care
- Neck and back pain treatment
- Custom foot orthotics
- Functional Dry Needling
- Pediatric services
- Sports rehab
- Occupational therapy for sports-related injuries
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Manual treatment
- Sport-specific preseason training and ACL prevention
- Concussion treatment
- BPPV/Dizziness treatment
- Local sport medical coverage
- Individually designed exercise program
- Running Analysis
- Sports medicine/certified athletic trainer coverage for home sporting events
- Training room staff for both Sitka High School (SHS) and Mt. Edgecumbe High School (MEHS)
- Injury clinics at the Sitka Trooper Academy and the Hames Center
- Physical therapy (PT) for SHS and MEHS students with orthopedic or sports-related injuries
- Orthopedic screening for patients and their provider to help them determine if a PT referral is beneficial
If you are searching for a different type of therapy for TMJ, vestibular disorders, geriatric, or women’s health– please contact Mt. Edgecumbe Medical Center Rehabilitation Services or Mountainside Rehabilitation Clinic.
- The American Physical Therapy Association provides information on the PT profession, professional resources and consumer information.
- The American College of Sports Medicine is an excellent source of information on health & fitness. ACSM promotes and integrates scientific research, education and applications of sports medicine and exercise.
- The Biomechanical Services website provides information on orthotic products, services and their warranty & pediatric programs.
- The DSI Work Solutions website is an excellent reference for industry/employers interested in our Job Function Analysis & Testing programs including research publications, cost-savings statistics and program descriptions.
- The Arthritis Foundation is a voluntary health agency covering all arthritis and related conditions.
- Gatorade Sport Science Institute website sharing knowledge on sports nutrition and exercise science.
- Balanced Body Pilates is the world leader for Pilates equipment, education and information. Sitka Physical Therapy is furnished with a Balanced Body Reformer while our therapists are educated in the discipline through Balanced Body University.
- The National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF), established in 1984, is the nation’s leading voluntary health organization solely dedicated to osteoporosis and bone health.
- The Hames Center is your local recreation center and home base for indoor cardiovascular & strength training, racquetball, court sports and an expanding list of educational & activity programs. A membership must for Sitkans of all ages.
- Alaska Chapter ACSM is your local American College of Sports Medicine Chapter whos annual meeting & symposium is typically held in Sitka.
- Our SEARHC Facebook page