Healthy Lifestyle Sessions: A Lifestyle Change Program
Key Components of Healthy Lifestyle Sessions:
In this lifestyle change program, you’ll learn, laugh, share stories, try new things and build new habits – all while lowering your risk of type 2 diabetes and improving your health.
Fundamental elements of the program include:
- Curriculum with lessons, handouts and other resources to help you make healthy changes.
- A lifestyle coach, specially trained to lead the program, to help you learn new skills, encourage you to set and meet goals and keep you motivated. The coach will also facilitate discussions and help make the program fun and engaging.
- A support group of people with similar goals and challenges. Together, you can share ideas, celebrate successes and work to overcome obstacles. In some programs, the participants stay in touch with each other during the week. It may be easier to make changes when you’re working as a group than doing it on your own.
The program runs for 16 weeks, September 16 – December 30 from 5:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m. in the SEARHC Conference Room in Klawock.
- You will meet once a week, Monday evenings.
- Each meeting lasts approximately 1 hour.
What is the cost?
The program is free! Sponsored by SEARHC Health Promotion, this program is open to the whole community, 18 years or older.
Making lifestyle changes is an ongoing process. Staying in the program for the full duration is essential to help you stick to new habits and avoid slipping back into old habits. And if you have not reached your goals during the time of the program, your lifestyle coach and other group members can still help you succeed!
Contact Kelsey for details today!
SEARHC Health Educator
Alicia Roberts Medical Center