Join Jessica Holland, RD, LD, at the Hames Center in Sitka.
SEARHC will host a new series of free “Doc Talks” presentations from March 8, through April 5, 2017.
When: Wednesdays, 7:00pm-8:00pm
Where: Sitka, Hames Center
The variety of topics presented by Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital’s medical providers is an excellent way for Sitkans to learn about health-related issues that interest them.
Topics presented may affect an individual personally, or someone close to them. Beyond listening to the presentations, attendees will have an opportunity to ask the presenters questions.
This event is hosted by SEARHC Health Promotion and offered at no cost. There is no need to register or sign up in advance. Attendees can also look forward to healthy snacks and refreshments before presentations.
“Doc Talks” are from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm every Wednesday at the Hames Center. Topics and dates include:
- Wednesday, March 8: “Stroke Recovery 101: Tips for patients and caregivers” (Dr. Gio Villanueva, PT, DPT, L/ATC, Jamie Adams, MS, OTR/L, Suzan Hess, MS, CCC-SLP)
- Wednesday, March 15: “Robotics and 3D Technology in Surgery Today” (Dr. David Brown, MD; Board-certified orthopedic surgeon)
- Wednesday, March 22: “Put Your Best Fork Forward: Well-balanced food choices for a healthy lifestyle” (Jessica Holland, RD, LD)
- Wednesday, March 29: “Life-Long Effects of Childhood Trauma” (Dr. Eula Crippen, Ph.D., LCP)
- Wednesday, April 5: “Rethink your Food and Drink: Be sugar savvy” (Dr. Kimberly Capp, DO)
For more information call 966-8938.