• Milk and cheese (options for lactose intolerance are available)
• Whole grain bread, rice, tortillas, rolls, etc.
• Fruits and vegetables
• Beans, peanut butter, canned fish
• Infant foods and formula
WIC supports and encourages women to breastfeed by providing
• Free education and support for successful breastfeeding
• Free manual and electric breast pumps
• Free support from breastfeeding peer counselors
Who are our breastfeeding peer counselors?
WIC moms just like you who
• Breastfed their babies
• Received breastfeeding training
• Are ready to offer support, encouragement and advice
How can they help you?
Call, or text, a counselor on our 24-hour breastfeeding warmlines:
Juneau 907-321-6455 (MILK)
Sitka 907-752-6455 (MILK)
Ketchikan 907-254-6455 (MILK)