SEARHC offers digital storytelling class in Klawock
July 12 2011
The SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC) Health Promotion department will host a digital storytelling class for adults on Monday through Wednesday, Aug. 1-3, in Klawock.
The class takes place from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at the Klawock High School computer room. Participants should bring a 200- to 300-word personal story, along with non-licensed music and scanned photos.
The digital storytelling class will teach people to:
- Write a 200- to 300-word personal story focusing upon one important health-related message the participant feels passionate about sharing (such as diabetes, cancer, traditional living, etc.).
- Design and develop the story in a format suitable for digital storytelling.
- Learn computer-based skills for producing their personal digital story.
- Present their digital story to workshop participants and facilitators.
- Make a plan to share their digital story to extend their health knowledge.
The cost for the class is $10, which includes a 4 GB travel drive, course materials and snacks each day. Limited scholarships are available. The application deadline is Wednesday, July 27.
For more information or to receive an information packet, contact SEARHC Community Wellness Advocate III June May in Klawock at 755-4959 or email@example.com
, or contact Renae Mathson in Sitka at firstname.lastname@example.org